Berita Terbaru
Loading...
Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Expression of Fulfilling Request, Feeling Pleasure, Relief, and Pain, and Analytical Exposition Text.

5:09 AM



 




UNIT 3
THANK GOD, IT’LL BE OVER
Task 1
In or daily life, we have to respect people when someone asks for something to us, whether we can give or not, we have to convey it politely. Sometimes we also express relief, pain, or pressure. To learn more about those expressions, study the following explanation!
A.    Expression of Fulfilling Request
-          Alright
-          Certainly
-          Right away
-          Yes, of course.
-          By all means
-          Yes, why not …
-          Sure, you can …
B.     Expression of Relief
-          It’s relief to know that …
-          Thank God for …
-          I’m glad it was done.
-          Thank goodness!

C.    Expression of Feeling Pleasure
-          That’s great!
-          That’s wonderful!
-          Terrific!
-          I’m pleased.
-          I enjoyed it.
-          I love it.
-          It was terrific.
-          I’m delighted.

D.    Expression of Pain
-          I am suffering from a relapse.
-          I have toothache.
-          Ah, it’s very painful. I can’t stand it.
-          I’m sick.
-          Ouch



Task 2
To train your pronunciation, fluency and increase your self-confidence, practice these following dialogues with your friends in front of the class.
Dialogue 1
Fauzi   : Mom, you look great!
Mother            : Thank you. Well, I’m sure you want to ask something, isn’t it?
Fauzi   : Hehe, that’s true, Mom. I need a lot of money to buy a laptop.
Mother            : Okay, I’ll give it to you but wait until next month. I don’t have it right now.
Fauzi   : Oke, thank you Moom.
Dialogue 2
Ahmad            : Den, you look so happy today. What’s going on?
Denny :Well, I really enjoyed last evening.
Ahmad            : What did you do?
Denny : When I went home, I passed Siska’s house. She smiled at me. Thank God for that smile.
Ahmad            : Oh, you are sick.
Task 3
Answer the questions correctly based on the dialogue above!
1.      Does Fauzi’s mother fulfill Fauzi’s request? How do you know? Is there any requirement?
………………………………………………………………………………………………
2.      Why does mother give money next month?
………………………………………………………………………………………………

3.      Why did Denny look so happy?
………………………………………………………………………………………………
4.      What did Ahmad say when he saw Denny happy?
………………………………………………………………………………………………
5.      What does Denny say to express pleasure?
………………………………………………………………………………………………

Task 3
Fill the blanks then practice the dialogue with your partner confidently!
a.       By all means
b.      I am glad it was done
c.       Don’t mention it
d.      We are excited
e.       I had a gastric problem
f.       I am happy you made a quick recovery
g.      It’s a relief to hear that
h.      That’s wonderful
i.        I am suffering from a relapse
j.        That’s great

Nikki is sick. Anggun and Agnes are visiting Nikki at the hospital.
Anggun: Hi, Nikki, how are you? I heard you got sick?
Nikki   : Yes, I am. But I’m better now.
Anggun: (..1..)
Nikki   : thank you for coming. Who did you come here with?
Anggun: Agnes. There she is.
Nikki   : Hi, Agnes.
Agnes  : Hi, (..2..)
Nikki   : Thanks a lot for coming. But could you give my regards to your friends. Tell them that I’ll get better soon.
Agnes  : (..3..) I’ll do it. Rosma and our friends actually want to see you but they are very busy.
Nikki   : Oh, I see. Never mind. By the way, is Neni already got better?
Anggun: Yes, she has joined with us.
Nikki   : Err. (..4..) She is fine.
Anggun: Nikki, I actually want to know what you suffer from?
Nikki   : (..5..) Because I ate hot food.
Anggun: So, (..6..)
Nikki   : That’s right. How about you, Agnes?
Agnes  : I didn’t get sick anymore after stoping drinking ice and hot food.
Nikki   : (..7..) Okay, I’ll do what you have done.
Anggun: Err..excuse me. Here is something from out friends.
Nikki   : Thank you so much.
Anggun: (..8..)
Agnes  : Nikki, let me tell you that our school is the best for in our region.
Nikki   : (..9..) So what we have done is not useless, is it?
Agnes  : Sure. Now, (..10..) because we can see you are well.
Anggun: Hm…, I think you need more rest, so let me return home. What about you, Agnes?
Agnes  : I do too. See you again, Nikki.
Nikki   : Thank you. see you again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment